We respect your privacy!
This policy explains how your data is used at June Label, provides you with information about the personal data we collect, how we keep it secure, and how we ensure to maintain customer privacy. The policy also outlines your rights regarding the personal information we hold about you.
This policy applies to any customer who has made a purchase from our store or who uses any of our products or services, or any visitor to our stores or webshop, including those on mobile devices. The policy includes information about:
- THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
- HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
- WHERE YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS SHARED
- THE TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
- HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL DATA
- HOW LONG WE STORE PERSONAL DATA
- YOUR RIGHTS
- LEGAL BASIS FOR THE USE OF PERSONAL DATA
- HOW TO REACH US
- POLICY UPDATES
WHO WE ARE
Your privacy and the security of your personal data is of utmost importance to us and we’re committed to earning and maintaining the trust and confidence of all customers and visitors to our website by keeping your personal data secure and respecting your right to privacy.
We always handle personal data fairly and legally and we’re also committed transparency regarding the data we collect and how we use it.
We never rent or trade your personal data with other organisations.
THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information about you:
- age or date of birth
- contact details (e.g. postal, billing and shipping addresses, telephone number, and e-mail address)
- purchase and order details
- information about any services we’ve provided to you
- your browsing activity on our websites
- account login details, including usernames and passwords
- your bank account or payment card details, when you make a purchase or order our services
- your communication and marketing preferences
- your preferences, interests, feedback, and survey responses
- IP address
- correspondence and communications with our team
- publicly available personal data, including information you have shared via public platforms and social media.
Our websites are not intended for use by children. We do not knowingly collect or store data relating to children.
The above list of data types that we collect is not exhaustive and, in some cases, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes described in this policy and/or to provide you with certain products and services.
Data is collected in various ways. We may collect some of the data directly from you, for example when you send an email to customer service or sign up for a June account. Other personal data is collected indirectly,
for example your browsing history or purchase activity on our webshop. We may also obtain personal information from third parties that have your express consent to pass along your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
The information we collect may be used to:
- send you with products and or provide other services
- process web orders
- accept payments or provide refunds
- manage any of the account(s) you’ve registered with us
- manage any reward or loyalty programs you’ve joined
- verify your identity—we have to make sure our customers are genuine
- detect and/or prevent crime or fraud, and related purposes
- run statistical analyses
- conduct market research
- help us understand more about your needs as a customer
- personalise the shopping experience and tailor our website to you
- improve our services, stores, apps and websites
- reach out to you about products and services
- create online advertising campaigns
- help answer your questions and resolve problems
- manage customer service interactions with you
We only use personal data for marketing purposes with your express consent. We may get your consent by mail, email, SMS or text message, online or on social media, via app push notifications, or other electronic means and we aim to update you only about those products and services you are interested in or which are relevant.
Amend your marketing preferences at any time. You always have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time. In order to do so, you may:
- change the marketing preferences in your account settings
- click “unsubscribe” in our emails
- contact us (see HOW TO CONTACT US )
If you tell us not to, we won't send you marketing communications, but we will keep in touch for occasional service-related messages.
During the process of signing up for our newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information to: tell you about our offers, products and services; contact you if we need to, request or provide additional information; manage our records to keep them correct and up-to-date; and make sure that you are satisfied with our services. In order to do this, we work with a third-party provider, Klaviyo, to deliver our newsletters. We collect statistics about email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us continually monitor and improve our newsletter. For more information about this, please see Klaviyo’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the footer of our emails or by contacting us (see HOW TO CONTACT US ).
If you are participating in any of our loyalty or reward programs, we may collect data directly from you, as well as analyse your browsing and purchasing activity online, and your responses to marketing communications. The results of this analysis, together with other demographic data, helps us to personalise the information and offers we send to you, make our communications more relevant to you, and understand more about you as a customer. We use a combination of software and other technology (automated processing) to make this happen.
We also use service providers, like Google Analytics, to collect internet log information and details about visitor behaviour while on our site, so we can better understand how visitors use our site and webshop. This information is processed only in a way that does not reveal customer identity.
WHERE YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS SHARED
We work with various partners, including suppliers, service providers and agencies. There may be times when we need to share your personal information with them to provide and improve our services. However, we will only do so if and when they meet our standards for processing data and have confirmed that they have appropriate data protection and security controls in place. We only share information that is required for them to provide services to us or directly to you, and our agreements with these partners prevent them from using your personal information for any other purpose.
Our partners include:
- Suppliers - to supply products and services on our behalf
- Shipping Partners - to make sure you receive the products you have ordered
- Payment Providers - to handle take and manage payments
- Marketing Partners - to help manage our electronic communications with you
- IT Organizations - to support our websites and IT systems
Otherwise, we do not disclose your personal information to anyone else.
We value our customers’ privacy and do not sell or rent customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
If you place an order with us and you are outside of Denmark we will transfer your personal information to Denmark.
Although your personal data will be held in Danish data centres it is sometimes necessary for us to share your personal information outside of the European Economic Area (or the EEA), so that we can deliver products and provide services to you or to transfer your personal information to our group companies, suppliers or service providers based outside of the EEA for the purposes described in this policy. This will usually be the case when either you, your delivery address or our service providers are located outside the EEA.
If this happens, your personal information will continue to be subject to one or more appropriate safeguards set out in the law. We will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal information will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ for such transfers or ensuring that our suppliers sign up to an independent privacy scheme (like the US 'Privacy Shield' scheme).
These methods have been approved by regulators to ensure adequate safeguards are in place.
The data collected by cookies includes browsing and purchasing behaviour by visitors and customers on our website. Examples include information about page views, products purchased and the customer journey on and around our websites.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL DATA
We are 100% committed to keeping your data safe and secure. We employ the appropriate security
measures to protect your personal information, including:
- encryption of data
- security controls to safeguard our systems from external attacks
- access controls to our information systems
- logical separation of our systems and information
- penetration testing of systems
- internal information security policies
- personal data and information security training for our employees
- security assessments of all our service providers who may handle your personal information
- never asking you for your passwords;
- advising you to never enter your account number or password into an email or after following a link from an email.
- security controls to protect our information systems from external attack
- access controls to our information systems
- logical separation of our systems and information
We will never ask you for your passwords or to confirm your credit card or payment details via email.
We recommend the following steps to keep your data safe:
- do not share your account passwords
- update your password often
- use a different password for the websites and accounts you have and use across the web
- do not share your account number or password via email or after following a link from an email
HOW LONG WE STORE PERSONAL DATA
Unless required to by law, we do not retain customer data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
Different types of data are stored for different lengths of time, however six years is the longest timeframe we normally hold any personal data.
You have many rights related to your personal data:
You have the right to be informed about certain details on the processing of your data (like this notice!).
You have the right to receive a copy of the personal data we process about you. You can receive this data by reaching out to us.
You have the right to correct the personal data we process about you if you see that it is inaccurate (note that you also can make corrections directly through your account).
You have the right to withdraw your consent, so if we have asked for your consent to process personal data for a certain purpose, you may withdraw such consent.
You have the right to erasure if:
- the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes it was collected for;
- your particular situation gives you the right to object to processing on grounds of legitimate interest (see more below);
- processing the personal data has been unlawful; or
- there is a legal obligation under EU or Danish law for us to erase the data.
You have the right to request us to restrict the processing of your data if:
- the personal data we have about you is inaccurate;
- the processing is unlawful and you ask us to restrict the use of the personal data instead of erasing it;
- we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but if we still need it for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
- you have objected to the processing claiming that the legal basis of legitimate interest is invalid and are waiting for the verification of this claim.
You have the right to object to the processing of your data if:
- you can show that your interests, rights and freedoms regarding the personal data outweigh our interest to process your personal data; or
- we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Please note that the same personal data about you may be used for more than one purposes, so if you object to the use of some information for a certain purpose, the same information may still be used for another purpose which we have explained to you above.
You have the right to data portability:
- for personal data that you provided to us; and
- if the legal basis for the processing of the personal data is the fulfilment of contract or consent.
We will send a copy of your data in a commonly used and machine-readable format to you.
If you want to exercise your rights, send us an email at email@example.com
THE LEGAL BASIS FOR USING PERSONAL DATA
We are required to set out the legal basis for our ‘processing’ of personal data.
We collect and use your personal data because is it necessary:
- for our legitimate interests (as set out below)
- to fulfil our contractual obligations to supply products and services
- to exercise our contractual rights and remedies
- to comply with our legal obligations
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for using your personal data in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time and, where consent is the only legal basis for processing your personal information, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn. Normally, the legal basis for using your personal information is that it is necessary for our legitimate interests.
- selling and supplying products and services to our customers
- processing orders and dealing with enquiries from our customers
- managing returns and refunds
- protecting our customers, employees and other individuals
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers
- administering reward or loyalty schemes
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services
- developing new products and services
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes
- managing insurance claims by customers
- taking appropriate legal action against third parties
- handling legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against us
fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders
HOW TO CONTACT US
We always want to hear from you—especially if you feel we’ve let you down or could do better.
Contact our privacy team at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to Customer Service via the June Label website. Or mail us at:
June Label IVS
1208 Copenhagen K,
If you are in any way unsatisfied with the way we process your personal data, you can file a complaint with the Danish data protection authorities.
Text Marketing and notifications
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We may partner with trusted service providers to make additional products and services available to you and may sometimes provide you with links to other websites that are not under our control.
In these instances, we will not be liable to you for any issues with their use of your personal information, the website content or the products and services offered or provided to you by these websites.
This Policy was last updated in October 2021.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are data files containing small amounts of information which are placed on your computer or other devices through your web browser when you visit our websites. This is then sent back to our websites by your browser and is used to “remember” your computer or device.
Cookies are used on all versions of our websites and in our website applications. Cookies are designed to enable your computer or device to remember something you have done within that website (such as remembering that you have logged in, or which buttons you have clicked) and are essential for the effective operation of our websites and to help you shop online. They are also used to tailor the products and services offered and advertised to you, both on our websites and elsewhere.
To make full use of our websites and shop online, cookies need to be enabled on your web browser. If you do not accept, or disable, cookies then certain features on our websites will not work. You will still be able to browse our websites but will not be able to shop online.
The cookies stored on your computer or other devices when you visit our websites are either designed by us, or on our behalf, and are required to allow you to a make purchases on our websites or by third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes or who provide web banner advertisements or other services to you on our behalf .
WHAT INFORMATION DO COOKIES COLLECT?
There are many types of cookies and each collect information about browsing and purchasing behaviour as you browse and shop on our website. The information gathered includes pages viewed, products ordered, and your overall journey around the webshop.
Here are some of the main types of cookies, below:
Used to identify whether or not you are logged in as a user. These help our website know which information to display or know whether to prompt you to log in.
These cookies last only as long as your time browsing on our website and are typically deleted
automatically once you close your web browser.
Persistent cookies remain after you have finished browsing, so if you visit a website and then return later on, the website will remember you as a visitor.
Set by the domain (or subdomain) for our websites in your web browser.
Set by a different domain to the website you are visiting and are used for a variety of reasons.
We do not control the information that third-party Cookies gather or keep, nor how they are set. We
do not accept any liability in connection with third party cookies. Please visit check the relevant website for more information about what these third parties do with cookies and learn how you can manage them. Third-party cookies may include social networking sites, like Facebook and Twitter. If you share content in this way, the social network may send cookies to your browser.
Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our site and to provide our services.
COOKIES NECESSARY FOR THE FUNCTIONING OF THE STORE
|_ab||Used in connection with access to admin.|
|_secure_session_id||Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.|
|cart||Used in connection with shopping cart.|
|cart_sig||Used in connection with checkout.|
|cart_ts||Used in connection with checkout.|
|checkout_token||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secret||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secure_customer_sig||Used in connection with customer login.|
|storefront_digest||Used in connection with customer login.|
|_shopify_u||Used to facilitate updating customer account information.|
REPORTING AND ANALYTICS
|_landing_page||Track landing pages|
|_orig_referrer||Track landing pages|
|_shopify_sa_p||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
|_shopify_sa_t||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
HOW LONG IS THIS INFORMATION KEPT?
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
HOW ARE COOKIES MANAGED?
You can control and manage cookies in various ways.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
WHAT ARE COOKIES USED FOR?
- to recognise customers and understand their browsing and shopping behaviour
- to complete orders and fulfil online transactions
- for technical purposes related to website operation and navigation
- to optimise our website and improve your shopping experience
- to provide personalised content, web banner advertisements, and targeted updates
- to manage our online campaigns, sales, promotions, and competitions
- to meet our contractual obligations to third parties and manage relationships with partners
HOW DO I DISABLE OR DELETE COOKIES?
If you would like to disable cookies, please change the settings in your browser.
This process depends on which browser you use. Look for your browser’s 'help' menu to find out how to disable cookies or change cookie settings.
You can also delete cookies stored in your browser directly from your browser settings or history. This will not disable cookies or prevent new cookies from being collecting in the future. Please note that deleting a cookie on one browser or device does not automatically clear them on your other devices.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DISABLE COOKIES?
This varies based on which cookies you disable. Our website may not operate properly if cookies are
not accepted, however, you will still be able to visit and browse through our websites, although some functions will not be available. You will not be able to make purchases, set up a new account or access an existing account.
If you disable third-party cookies, you will still be able to make purchases on our website.
If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to make a purchase from our webshop.
Force majeure occurs when external forces or circumstances substantially prevent the performance of an obligation under the agreement. Examples include, but are not limited to: accidents, natural disasters, strikes, staff illness, shipping disturbances, energy restrictions, bans, declined permissions, import and export restrictions, etc. which could not have been reasonably foreseen when the agreement was made and which could not have been avoided or overcome. This applies both to June Label and to June Labels subcontractors.
In the event of force majeure June Labels obligations are deferred. If the period of force majeure is not of a temporary nature, you as well as June Label have the right to cancel the purchase agreement without any obligation to pay indemnity arising. Such measures are carried out by contacting June Labels customer service.
If any dispute in regards to these terms and conditions should arise, please contact June Labels customer service at email@example.com and try to resolve the disagreement as a first step. A dispute arising out of these terms and conditions shall be brought to the court in the place where the defendant resides. The consumer may also, in accordance with the regulations in the Danish Code of Judicial Procedure, bring a suit to the court in the place where the consumer resides.
All content found on our the webshop is copyright-protected and is the property of June Label. All intellectual property rights to content found on the webshop belong to June Label. Downloading printing, copying and blogging about any material on the webshop is allowed for your own personal purposes, however not for commercial purposes. This presumes that the material is not changed and that all intellectual property rights remain reserved by June Label. Linking to our webshop is permitted. All rights reserved. The copying of photographs on our webshop is not permitted.
CONTROLLER OF PERSONAL DATA
June Label IVS
1208 Copenhagen K,
Companies register: CVR/Central Business Register (Denmark)
Company registration number: 39839245
VAT registration number: VAT NO. DK39839245